• Introduction: The Food Service Industry
• Sanitation, Safety, Tools and Equipment
• Culinary Terminology and Work-Related English
• Basic Cooking Principles: the Recipe, the Menu, and Pre-Preparation
• Stocks, Sauces and Soups
• Understanding and Cooking Meats, Poultry, Fish, Shellfish, and Vegetables
• Potatoes and Other Starches
• Salads, Dressings, Sandwiches, and Hors D’oeuvres
• Food Presentation and Garnish
• Recipes from International Cuisines
• Bakeshop Production
• Basic Math
• Intro to Computers
• Management Skills
MLVS also offers its intensive Vocational English as a Second Language courses to supplement the program.
For more information, please contact Ernesto Duenas at 415-641-3703 or Itala Portal at 415-641-3709.